Indiana Identity Theft

Fraudulent Claims & Identify Theft

If customers find a fraudulent unemployment claim has been filed in their name, they need to visit the DWD’s website immediately to file a report. Their website can also help taxpayers learn how to spot identity theft and provides information on how to contact the Indiana State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Federal Trade Commission and other agencies to report these claims.

If you are ready to file your taxes with DOR and believe you are a victim of identity theft, follow these steps:

  1. Fill out the IRS ID Theft Affidavit.
  2. Email the IRS ID Theft Affidavit and a copy of the fraudulent 1099G to
  3. File your taxes and be sure to include all valid sources of income.

For more information on unemployment claims and filing state taxes, visit DOR’s website at and click on the “Unemployment Benefits and Taxes” button.